The Salvation Army began service to the Montclair community in 1891. Since that time, we have responded to the spiritual and physical needs of the community helping providing practical services and assistance to those facing difficult circumstances. Over a century later the numbers change, but the needs continue. Your support will help make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
During October 2015-September 2016 The Salvation Army in Montclair:
- Served and delivered over 1,200 hot meals on Thanksgiving Day
- Provided 5,410 nights of safe, clean emergency shelter to individuals and families.
- Served over 18,500 hot meals and provided hot coffee and baked goods each weekday morning throughout the year.
- Provided 3,224 individuals with Christmas gifts.
- Visited and provided gifts to 5,552 individuals in nursing homes during the Easter and Christmas seasons.
- Provided 155 households with utility, rental, and mortgage assistance
- Distributed clothing, personal care and household items to over 4,500 individuals and families.
- Provided a 340 days of summer camp experience children through camp sponsorships.
- Volunteers served a total of 16,248 hours
- Provided over 2,800 days of after school enrichment activities.
- Provided 6,448 days of days of Drop In Center activities that include informational programs, recreational programs, access to shower, clothing distribution and case management leading to support services and housing.