Did you know?...........The Salvation Army began service to the Montclair community in 1891. Since that time, we have responded to the spiritual and physical needs of the community helping providing practical services and assistance to those facing difficult circumstances. Over a century later the numbers change, but the needs continue. Your support will help make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
During October 2017-September 2018 The Salvation Army in Montclair:
· Provided 6,063 nights of safe, clean emergency shelter to individuals and families at Cornerstone House Emergency Shelter.
· Served over 22,200 hot meals and provided hot coffee and baked goods each weekday morning throughout the year.
· Provided 3,800 Christmas gifts through our Holiday Toy Shop and Adopt a Family programs.
· Visited individuals in nursing homes during the Christmas and Easter seasons and delivered over 5,500 gifts.
· Provided 215 households with utility, rental and mortgage assistance.
· Served and delivered over 1,200 hot meals on Thanksgiving Day.
· Distributed clothing, personal care and household items to over 4,500 individuals and families.
· Provided 273 days of summer camp experience to children from the Montclair community.
· Provided over 2,800 days of after school enrichment activities.
· Provided over 6,500 days of days of Drop In Center activities that include informational programs, recreational programs, access to shower, clothing distribution and case management leading to support services and housing.
· Volunteers helped us provide these services by providing over 17,000 hours of service .